Sunday, April 4, 2010

Introductions are in order!



First of all -- HELLO :) to my new visitors.  Thought the first blog should introduce some names that won't be strange to you...and to tell you more about the wizard behind the curtain.
First, there is me:



I am a goob and I have too many random interests to begin in this blog.  I live in sunny Southern California with my awesome husband and a dog and two cats: Spencer, our rescue pup, Samuel - loves to lay claim on anything out of its normal spot: money, clothes, books, and Mazy a.k.a Maizie, whose debatable name matches her debatable past.


All five of us in a little tiny slice of Orange-flavored heaven.  The weather is everything you've heard about, and the rat race is enough to make you LOSE IT.  But with modern technology not quite where it was promised, and then again so much more, I decided to utilize my laptop to bring that fun to your door, along with health and beauty product reviews, PS3 game first glances, movie discussions and pet care.

So you get a little idea of the author, let me start with my first love: animals.  I was born and raised in Florida fifteen minutes from the beach.  The area was purgatorial in its mix of youngsters milling around burning in the sun and old folks who retired and moved down from places with fun-to-say names, like "East Millinocket".  My parents had a sandwich shop which bankrupted us when I was in second grade, and from then on I learned to live (and thrive) without taking anything for granted.  I wore hand-me-downs from family friends, swum in the disgusting Gulf of Mexico and tamed the lizards outdoors.  There was a wealth of interesting fauna in my neighborhood.  I swam with manatees and sting rays in the channels, chased shorebirds, and hunted for living sand dollars on the sandbars.  I raised backyard caterpillars to butterfly-hood in plastic pencil cases and called anything that followed me home a pet, including a mongrel dog I called White Lightning (I guess 'coz it was the eighties, gosh) and a couple of box turtles I caught in the ditch.  My first thing I got to actually keep longer than a month besides the butterflies in the garage was a black cat named Veddie.  She was an alley princess and never really adjusted well to indoor life, climbing the curtains in every room of the house as soon as she heard the vacuum start up.  Oh yeah, and she would attack my fluttering REM eyes in the dead of night.  I loved her dearly.  The pet thing went on hiatus when I moved at fourteen due to my mom's heart surgery, going to stay with my grandmother in South Carolina.  The only animal she owned was an unbroken horse named Pilltoro, who though altogether an awesome creature was easily spooked away and didn't really care about cuddling.  I washed it with the hose one day and it was an all day Farm Proj.   Back to Florida at fifteen and back to adopting animals off the street.  Yadaya, years later, I'm still doing it.  How can anyone say no to a little heart in need?  Pets make our lives very special every day, we should give back to them that comfort and companionship.  And that's a little about me and pets!

Hopefully this introduction post will encourage you to come back.  You're more than welcome here, and please leave comments!  I'm a newborn baby blogger...thanks for growing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment